Saturday 29 May 2010

Eurovision

OK watching Eurovision is like applying a drill to the eardrums, but for some mad reason I watch it, every year. I blame my friend jed and the power of twitter based sarcasm. I've tried to drink myself into oblivion, but I don't have the right mindset tonight, so I'm listening to an aussie/cockney/german teenager sing about...nail varnish. pants and hair and how they fit into a teenage love affair.
Oh and 'I heart you' with hand mimes do not make you cool, and tone down the lipstick mini goth.

While I will freely admit that the song was dreadful, and possibly harping too far back into Britain's nostalgia for the eighties by letting pete waterman out of his box again, but my God we were not the worst out there... I think Lena may have won it by embracing every accent Europe.

A conversation I've had today regarding David Laws, I'm confused as to why he had to cover up being gay, which make this an expenses issue. He's gay, so what, why does it matter? Just don't claim the money and be who you are.

I feel that partners have been overused in this election, with David Cameron's horse like wife getting her own pop idol style nickname, but the partners don't run the country, be they male, female or equine.

Also RIP Dennis Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment